Digital Marketing in Nepal: Trends and its biggest role in thriving a company today
Digital Marketing is a global trend, and Nepal is catching up quite rapidly. In recent years, digital marketing in Nepal has proliferated in many forms such as
- Mobile Marketing,
- SMS Marketing,
- Social Media Marketing,
- Influencer Marketing,
- Search Engine Optimization,
- Google AdWords (SEM) & more…
Businesses in Nepal today reach their audience through different platforms like Search Engines, Social media, Podcasts, Vlogs, Display Ads, Blogs, Websites etc.
There are mainly 4 types of Digital marketing ad formats that are popular in Nepal. They are:
- Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Search Ads
- Banner Ads
- Video Ads
Such marketing mediums are seen to be used by different kinds of organizations like NGOs, INGOs, government agencies, private companies, and even small businesses or startups. Approximately 20% of the total marketing budget on average is spent on building a brand’s digital presence, and that percentage is only increasing with time.
Already, there are many companies that serve digital ads through social media platforms and provide different analytical data to businesses (both budding and established) in Nepal. Digital marketing helps businesses reach out to their specific audiences for cheaper than traditional media while also giving young Nepali professionals an opportunity to build lucrative careers as online marketers.
With perks comes drawbacks too, which cannot be ignored. Digital Marketing in Nepal has a lack of quality, lack of informed knowledge and payment method problems, among many other challenges that throw in a few bumps along the journey. There is a huge knowledge and trust gap between the marketers and customers in digital marketing in Nepal. There is a lack of information that one needs to have while executing digital ads and selecting the right agencies to partner with.
Here is what you should be careful about while selecting agencies and spending on digital ads:
Do a proper inquiry on what kind of platforms is suitable for your business i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, etc.
- The type of ad format
- Identify your KPI's (Key Performance Indicators),
- What are the conversion goals?
- How do they track conversions?
- Is there proper reporting provided? & so on.
This communication will also help create a good relationship between the marketers and clients. Professionalism and transparency are key to helping any business partnership thrive.
With the growth of Digital Marketing in Nepal, different IT Training Institute in Nepal offer various short-term training courses and workshops for interested individuals. A digital marketing course in Nepal may include topics ranging from SEO tools and training, Google Display advertising and AdWords, Basics of Analytics, Search Marketing, Email Marketing etc. If all the topics aren’t included in the course plan, the learner’s knowledge tends to be incomplete and their approach towards online marketing becomes biased.
Maintaining an impressive digital presence is very important for companies in Nepal, as more and more people consume content through digital medium every day. A good social media ad campaign can result in high revenue generation or give a brand much-needed visibility amidst suitable audiences. Similarly, you might have seen celebrity showing off certain branded products through their Facebook or Instagram page; this is often a case of influencer marketing, where a popular personality opts to work with a brand to boost their image as well as drive actual sales.
Here are some interesting facts you should know about digital marketing in Nepal:
- In a study (done by an airline company of Nepal) that examined the impact of celebrity endorsers’ characteristics on the brand, it was revealed that trustworthiness was related to the consumer’s positive connection.
- There has been a 50% increase on average in the digital marketing budget since 2016.
- Better content on blogs can drive traffic up to 2,000%.
- Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic, and 94% of total organic traffic.
- Search engines drive 93% of all website traffic.
- 27. 64% of online shoppers say that a video on social media helped them make their decision.
- 59% of adults between 18 and 29 are using Instagram.
- 80% of social media content is being accessed via a mobile device.
- 73% of people describe ads taking over the entire screen as ‘highly annoying.’
- Location-specific ad campaigns are 20 times more effective than traditional banner ads.
- B2B marketers are convinced blogging is their most important type of content (43%) while B2C marketers are convinced visual content is more important (45%).
- The top three content marketing tactics are blogging (65%), social media (64%), and case studies (64%).